Buy and Sell Water
Fees and Charges:
A Temporary Transfer fee of $49.50 is payable to Water NSW.
Both a buyer and seller are subject to a fee of 2.75% (inc GST)
Hunter River General – $13.62 / ml
Hunter River High – $$16.67 / ml
Bores $6.77 / ml
Hunter River General – $15.18/ ml
Hunter River High – $$15.18 / ml
Bores $3.03 / ml
HS = $31.85
GS + $28.80
- GST is not payable on the supply of water
- Supplementary is at the GS usage rate
- All Hunter wells/bores are calculated from the Coastal figures
- Unregulated Rivers usage are at the same rate as [eg Goulburn/Pages etc] are at Hunter River rates
(Info supplied from WaterNSW)
- If an interest is lodged it will be treated as an Expression of Interest only and is not a binding sale and is subject to that parcel being available.
- Your Expression of Interest will give you the right to negotiate and fix the price.
- The highest expression will be given first offer.
- An allocation will NOT be held for any period in excess of twenty four (24) hours if a deposit is not paid within that period.
Types of Licences/WAL:
- A. Surface Water ie river
- B. Aquifers ie bores/wells
Prior to applying for a licence to extract from A or B an applicant must have purchased allocation.
The applicant will then be provided with:
- Works approval
- Water Access Licence (WAL
Prior to drilling an aquifer/bore a drillers licence must be granted.
A “water year” commences 1st July and ceases 30th June following year.